Important Date for June:
- June 14 – Classroom orientation for P-7 students transitioning to Riverside
- June 15 – Middle School Celebration: Meal at 6 PM (free for all students), awards to follow at 645 PM.
- June 16 – Grade 8 party at Louisbourg Playhouse (8 PM)
- June 21 – Field trip (P-5, swimming; 6-8 bowling)
- June 22 – Elementary end of year celebration 1 PM
- June 23 – Field day (P-7)
- June 30 – Open house in the gym; 9:30 to 11:30
- June 30 – Last day of school
Please ensure all consent forms are returned to the office or homeroom teacher prior to each event.
Welcome to George D. Lewis School. Built in 1967-68, George D. Lewis School has served students from the Town of Louisbourg and surrounding area for almost 50 years. The last high school graduating class was in 1986, and we currently house grades primary through eight.
English program students from Louisbourg, Catalone, Main-a-Dieu and areas of Albert Bridge attend GDLS for grades 6 to 8.
In addition to the Nova Scotia curriculum, our students frequently access the resources that are readily available at the Fortress of Louisbourg National Historic Site, the Louisbourg Playhouse and the Louisbourg Community Centre. We also have a strong partnership with our Home & School Association and our active School Advisory Council.
Extra-curricular activities include volleyball, basketball, students council, guitar club, RC club, travel groups, drama club, Lego robotics and more.